Candy Corn Popcorn Balls
Ohhh Looky!! How cute are these candy corn popcorn balls? I love candy corn and can’t wait to dive into them. Great for parties, passing out at school or to family and friends, these popcorn balls are pretty easy to make. You probably have all ingredients on hand already, and only need a candy thermometer for “unusual” equipment but you can guess on that if you need to.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups candy corn
- ½ tsp. salt
- Make your popcorn however you prefer; air popper, stove top, microwave. Be sure to remove all unpopped kernels- biting into one of those is not fun. Place popcorn in a large bowl ,big enough for stirring it all around, and add candy corn.
- Fill a medium sized bowl with ice water, lay out waxed paper or aluminum foil for popcorn balls to cool on.
- Add Corn Syrup, Brown Sugar, Butter and Salt to a pot and simmer medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Allow syrup to boil until it starts to thicken. The ideal temp is 275 degrees but you can guess if you don’t have a candy thermometer.
- Pour syrup over mixture and use a wooden spoon to coat popcorn kernels and candy corn. Let cool slightly.
- Dip hands in ice water, shake off excess, shape popcorn into 3-4 inch balls and place on paper or foil to cool.
- Wrap popcorn balls tightly in plastic wrap.
- Makes about 12- 18 popcorn balls depending on how large you make them!
ENJOY! Let me know if you make them!! The candy coating is so good, tastes like old fashioned candy to me!