All posts may contain affiliate links and/or sponsored content read my disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
Who is ready for some super Seuss fun? Let’s keep getting in the spirit of Dr. Seuss’s birthday with this family fun, family friendly, and oh so family frugal craft. This Cat in the Hat vase is so easy to make, and you can craft one using just a few supplies from the dollar store. When done, use it to hold flowers, pretzel sticks, even the silverware for your Seuss themed parties and celebrations. Take a look below at how to make your own. It only takes a few minutes.
Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Vase
Tall glass vase
Pair of googly eyes
Craft pom pom
As mentioned, everything we needed for this project was found at our local dollar store. You also may have a great deal of these supplies in your crafting scraps, so be sure to take a peek before you buy anything.
1. begin by creating the hat. Do this by cutting out several red construction paper strips and wrapping the around the top of the vase. Secure them with glue.
2. Next, glue on the pair of googly eyes. Press until dry.
3. Add the nose by gluing on a black crafting pom pom.
4. Cut a black pipe cleaner in half, the fold the pieces in half to create whiskers. Glue them to the sides of the nose.
5. Finish this piece by making a small bow out of a red pipe cleaner. Glue it to the base of the vase.
Your Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat vase is now complete. Use it for all of your celebrating needs!
Happy crafting, and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!