On Tuesday we learned how to create some fun fall crafts using paint chip freebies you can find at your local hardware store. Well don’t put those paint chips away just yet because today we are going to learn two more projects that can get your home hauntingly festive for less. So gather your paint chips, glue, and scissors and let’s get this paint chip party going! If you don’t have any paint chips, don’t forget you can grab a few for free at your local hardware store. Just remember not to over do it!
First, let’s have a little fun with monsters shall we?
DIY Frankenstein Face
The shape and colors of paint chip samples make them perfect for making your Frankenstein face. All you need is some craft glue, scissors, and paint chips in shades of green, purple, and black.
- Use one large and uncut paint chip as your face.
- Cut out strips of black to use at the head bolts and as stitched.
- Cut out circles of purple in a variety of shades for eyes.
- Attach all of your parts with glue to your liking. You can always attach a stick if you want and create a puppet. How cool is that?
DIY Mosaic Pumpkin
This is a great craft for kids to get creative and practice with shapes. All you need is your chips, a piece of background paper, glue, and scissors.
- Cut a variety of orange paint chip samples into squares and triangles.
- Add a dab of glue to the back of each chip.
- Assemble into a pumpkin shape.
- Add a small strip of green as a stem.
That’s it! You can add a jack-o-lantern face if you wish, or create a whole patch of pumpkins. When you craft with paint chips, your possibilities are pretty much endless.