The arrival of Mardi Gras is just a few weeks away, so why not get into the festive spirit with your kids? This simple handprint mardi gras mask is a fun and frugal craft that is sure to get the whole family in the mood for Mardi Gras! You only need a few supplies, so take a peek below at how to make your own. When you are done, why not crank up the tunes and enjoy a Mardi Gras parade together? Take a look at how to get started.
Hand Print Mardi Gras Mask
Wood craft stick
We were able to find ALL of these supplies at our local dollar store. If you see other embellishments you like such as glitter, stickers, etc., don’t be shy, grab them!
1. Begin by tracing each child’s hand onto the construction paper. They love this, it tickles!
2. Cut out each hand. You can now glue each hand together in the center near the palm.
3. Attach the craft stick, which is where children will hold to bring the mask to their face.
4. In the center of each palm, cut out eye holes.
5. Use the bingo blotter to cover the mask with dots or other designs of your choice.
Now all you need to do is start the music and get partying! These hand print Mardi Gras masks are the perfect craft for getting in the Mardi Gras spirit! Fun, frugal, and festive, they make the perfect family time craft.
Happy Mardi Gras, and of course, Happy crafting!