Friday is here, so let’s get crafty! Today, why not spend a little quality time with the kiddos and create something fun? This paper plate pie craft is not only a great time to make, but chances are you already have everything you need to make it right in your own house. The best part about these paper plate pies is they not only look sweet, but smell pretty sweet too. Take a look below at how you can make one.
DIY Scented Paper Plate Pie
2 paper plates
Stapler or glue
Red/white tissue paper
White glitter or sugar
- Begin by painting each plate with the brown paint. Set aside and allow to dry.
- Tear out some small scraps of red and white paper or tissue paper. This will be your pie filling.
- Once your plates are dry, take your scissors and cut out some small air vents. You only need to do this to one of the plates, not both. This is so the yummy scent can rise out of the pie.
- Place the scraps of red and white paper as well as the cinnamon powder on the unpainted side of the non cut plate. You will use about one teaspoon of powder. You can use more or less depending on your preferences.
- Now, cover the plate with the vented plate so the painted side is facing outward. You will see your pie taking shape!
- Use glue or staples to secure the two plates together and create your pie.
- Finish by adding a brushing of glue to the top of the pie and sprinkle with sugar or white glitter.
That’s it! You now have the cutest little pie ever that smells great. Display it anywhere in your home that can use some homemade charm and the sweet scent of cinnamon.
Your kiddos will love giving this craft a try. Gather around the kitchen table today and give it a go, and when you are done, be sure to share your creations on our Facebook page or Community Chat page. We would love to see it!