The jokes about Mondays being the worst day of the week have been told since the beginning of time. It seems as though Mondays have always had a bad reputation, being associated with another week of hitting the grind. Well today, I am challenging you to look at Mondays in a whole new way. Today, let’s chat about why you should love Mondays, and how it can be your most powerful day of the week. Don’t believe me? Keep reading.
5 Reasons Why You Should Love Mondays:
1. You can enjoy a fresh start. Don’t dwell on what happened last week, today is your day to start new. Mondays are a great day to start over and reach for those goals again. If you enjoy regular goal setting, Mondays signal a fresh week and thus a fresh start. So hey it’s Monday, go for it!
2. Monday announces the arrival of a WHOLE WEEK in front of you. While typically this would seem like a burden, think of it as a positive. You have a WHOLE WEEK to spend with your family, to cross off items on your to do list, to plan fun meals, to meet your goals at work, and to make the most of your life. Wow! Doesn’t that seem like a gift? Hello Monday!
3. Mondays can keep us in a routine. Most of us love having a routine, and Mondays can help us establish one. Mondays are the perfect day to do those start of the week tasks like meal planning, coupon cutting, goal setting, etc. Make Monday the day that you revisit your routines that you enjoy.
4. Allow it to become a day of gratitude. Did you wake up this Monday with air in your lungs and a roof over your head? If so, you are already starting the week ahead of the game. Use Mondays as a day to reflect on what you are thankful for and count those blessings. You have made it to the start of another new week. How amazing is that?
5. Designate Mondays as family fun days. Give yourself something to look forward to on Mondays, such as game night with the family, pizza night, or craft night. When you associate it with something positive and fun, you might actually look forward to the weekend ending.
Monday can be a pretty sweet day of the week, worth looking forward to and celebrating. Give these five tips for why you should love Monday a try. We would love to hear how they change your idea of what Mondays are, so share your feedback with us on the Facebook page or Community Chat page.
Happy MONDAY friends!