This recipe is now one of my family favorites! Extremely easy to make and VERY TASTY!
We are always looking for new ideas for game day food or easy recipes to make when we have friends over so I was very excited when Hope M. mentioned in our facebook chat group that she made egg rolls at home! I had no idea how easy it would be until I heard about Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps! I found these in the refrigerated produce department at Publix and they are a GAME CHANGER for sure!
We love our food well seasoned and our very favorite seasoning on beef is McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. It has the perfect combination of seasoning for any type of meat, we love it on our steaks or hamburgers and use it regularly!
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can Deep Fry, Air Fry or Bake these and they will come out delicious any way you do it. Since this was my first try at the recipe, I decided to cook half of ours in the Air Fryer and the other half we Deep Fried. I will say, there is nothing as tasty as deep fried anything (lets be honest), and those were the best as far as texture was concerned, however, the Air Fryer version were delicious too! They came out crispy on the outside and deliciously hot and cheesy on the inside so you can’t go wrong either way!
Products used in this recipe, all purchased at Publix
- 1 lb Sirloin Strips (lean) or other beef sliced thin
- 1 Green Pepper (large)
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 1 Egg
- Sargento Provolone Slices, 1 pkg, 8 oz or Shredded
- Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps (approx 8)
- McCormick Grill-Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olivio Buttery Spray
- Vegetable Oil (if deep frying)
- Dice Green Pepper and Onion into bite size pieces and saute' in pan with oil / butter on medium heat
- Cut Sirlion Steak Strips into small pieces (approx 1 inch each) and add to pan with pepper & onion mixture
- Generously season with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Cook on medium heat until steak is well cooked and peppers & onions are soft, slower is better for flavor and texture
- Once cooked through, remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to allow meat to rest
- Place Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps on parchment paper
- Beat egg in a bowl and brush all four edges of each egg roll wrap with egg (this will help seal the egg roll together when cooking)
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of steak / peppers / onion mixture to the middle of the egg roll wrap and top with one slice of provolone cheese folded on top
- Fold the bottom of the egg roll wrap up half way to cover the meat mixture (like an envelope) then fold in both sides, before folding the top down add a little more egg (like a glue) and fold the top down closing the egg roll.
- Deep Frying Option: Drop each egg roll into vegetable oil preheated on medium heat (you don't want the oil too hot) flipping until it is golden brown (approx 3-4 minutes each)
- Air Fryer Option: Spray outside of egg roll with Olivio Buttery Spray and place in air fryer at 390 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip half way through if necessary based on your air fryer.
- Oven Option: Spray the outside of the egg roll lightly with the Olivio Buttery Spray and place in pre-heated 400 degrees oven for 10-12 minute, flip half way through.
- When fully cooked, allow egg rolls to cool on paper towel lined plate before serving. Delicious!
- If you would like to have a dip for these, a mayonnaise / horseradish mixture matches perfectly!
This recipe was inspired by Hope Meza who posted about this family favorite in our facebook chat group. She adds mushrooms and uses mozzarella cheese and seasons with salt, pepper & garlic. There are so many different options that you can make using the egg roll wraps. You will love them! Thanks Hope!