For weeks we have heard rumors of changes to the Publix Coupon Policy. Some areas have already started putting restrictions on the number of deals that can be done on the hot sale items. In my opinion these changes are not a HUGE deal and will give more people the opportunity to score deals. I spoke directly with the District Manager in my area and he said that they are having a meeting next week to discuss the changes, but the Miami area has already released these new guidelines. Keep in mind that these are subject to change, but it appears that these will be the changes to the coupon policy and will be across the board in all stores effective October 1st.
*Note: There will be a grace period between October 1st and October 18th for people to adjust to these changes*
Publix Coupon Policy Changes
(subject to change)
So that all of our customers can benefit from these deals, we reserve the right to limit purchase quantities.
The types of coupons we accept:
- Manufacturer’s coupons, Publix coupons, Internet coupons, and coupons from nearby competitors (a list of which are posted at each Publix store).
- Coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only.
Our Acceptance Guidelines:
- Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon.
- We only accept coupons for identical items we sell.
- We only accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor’s coupon on the same item. Maximum of two coupons per item.
- Manufacturer’s digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer’s paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- We do not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
- We do not accept coupons that Publix determine to be printed incorrectly. For example, a coupon missing a size requirement or other standard coupon details.
- We do not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device.
- We do not accept coupons that appear to be copied. All coupons must be originals.
- For a buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day, per household.
- Manager’s approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.00.
- Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor’s coupon per day, per household. The total order before coupons must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented. We consider competitor’s coupons for dollars off groups of items to be a dollars-off-total-order coupon and will only allow one per day, per household.
- Money due back to the customer at the end of a transaction involving coupons will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
Our management teams will only issue rain checks for items which are advertised outside the store at a reduced retail. For example, on radio or TV, or in our weekly ad, co-op ad, mailer, or internet site.
- We will only issue one rain check, per day, per household for an item.
- We will not issue rain checks for Publix, competitor’s, or manufacturer’s coupons.