All posts may contain affiliate links and/or sponsored content read my disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
Here is a delicious new recipe to try!
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE treats during the holidays are Sausage Cheese Balls. The delicious flavor of sausage and cheese and breading does it for me every time! Unfortunately, one of the main ingredients is Bisquick which is high in carbs and contains gluten and I am on the Keto Diet so that will not work for me.
I decided to search for an alternative that would still provide the same delicate texture with all of the flavors that I enjoy in my beloved Sausage Balls and I have hit the nail on the head with this one!! My secret ingredient is Pork Rind Crumbs from Pork King Good! Before you turn your nose up at the thought of pork rinds in your sausage balls, let me assure you, these are NOT your average pork rinds. They are not the same texture as you would get by smashing up a bag of pork rinds from your local convenience store. These pork rind crumb are put through some kind of process that gives them the even consistency of a bread crumb. You can even use them to make biscuits! They have a blend of subtle seasonings which makes them absolutely perfect for this recipe! Trust me, you will LOVE Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs for this recipe as well as breading Chicken, Fish, Shrimp or any other breading needs!
These Keto Friendly Sausage Cheese Balls are SUPER EASY and so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating them! Let me know if you make them!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel where I am documenting my weight loss journey, posting recipe videos and frugal living tips! I would love to see you there!
- 1 lb Tennessee Pride Mild Sausage Roll (Hot is delicious too if you like spicy)
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese (I prefer Colby Cheese but I also make Sharp Cheddar)
- 1/2 Cup Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs (you can use Bisquick if not low carb)
- In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients
- Mix well with your hands squishing and rolling all ingredients together until blended
- Use small scoop spoon to scoop out about 2 tbs for each ball
- Roll ball in hand until it makes a perfectly round ball
- Place balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet (trust me on this one)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
- Remove from oven and place on a paper towel lined plate to cool
- Makes about 25 balls depending on size