CHECK THIS OUT!!
After all of the RUMORS that have been flying around about the Publix Rain Check Policy, we FINALLY have clarification and there is nothing to worry about!
The MAIN THING that I see is that the rain check will be redeemed for the RETAIL PRICE of the item WHEN THE RAIN CHECK IS ISSUED. So basically, if you get a rain check for a BOGO item that is priced at BOGO $3.99 but the item goes on sale for $2.00 later, you can not benefit from both deals. Your rain check will be redeemed at BOGO $3.99.
This is what the NEW Rain Check looks like with exact wording:
- We will issue only one rain check per day per household for any one item or deal on promotion.
- A rain check may be redeemed at any Publix location offering that product.
- A rain check must be redeemed within 30 days of the issue date.
- Rain checks will be redeemed only for the retail price of the item in effect when the rain check was issued.
- We will issue rain checks for up to 8 single items, or for up to 4 deals, not to exceed 20 items.
- A rain check must be redeemed for the exact product it was issued for as described on the rain check.
- Rain checks are intended only for single use. If the full rain check is not redeemed, the remaining items are forfeited.
- We will not issue rain checks for Publix, competitor, or manufacturer coupons.
- Rain checks are nontransferable.
- A rain check may not be redeemed if it is illegible, or is lost, stolen, or destroyed.
IMPORTANT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A customer presents a rain check and a coupon for an item. The coupon is expired, but was valid on the date the rain check was issued. Can the coupon still be accepted?
If we can’t get product from warehouse/manufacturer within 30 days, can we re-issue or extend the date on the rain checks?
ANSWER: Yes, you’ll issue the customer a new rain check.
So there you go!! No need to panic, Publix still loves couponers and we have nothing to worry about as far as rain checks go!! Woohoo! Coupon on!
Thank you Starr for our help on this one!