OH MY GOSH, this is a GAME CHANGER for me!
I just made the BEST Keto Friendly Homemade Blueberry Bread! I am SHOCKED that it turned out as delicious as it did and I had to share right away!!
Growing up I always loved warm Homemade Blueberry Bread. I have been on the Keto Diet for six weeks and have been experimenting with a few recipes that I can make for Thanksgiving this year. I think that this one turned out pretty close to the “real thing” and I think you will too! I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2/3 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 Eggs
- 10 tbs Melted Kerrygold Butter (or other grassfed butter)
- 2 tbs Sour Cream
- 2 tbs Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
- ICING (Optional, I did not use):
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp Melted Butter
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt Butter
- Add eggs to bold and beat until mixed, add Swerve, Sour Cream, Heavy Whipping Cream, Vanilla, Salt, Baking Powder and Cinnamon and mix well
- Mix Melted Butter in until incorporated.
- Add Coconut Flour and mix until incorporated together with the mixture.
- Place blueberries into a small bowl and lightly dash with approx 2 tablespoons of coconut flour until dusted. Then add the blueberries to the rest of the mixture carefully folding in without smashing the blueberries.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. You can line the loaf pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Coconut flour is known to stick to your baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool while you make the frosting.
- PREPARE FROSTING:
- combine all ingredients and mix until smooth, drizzle over warm bread and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
NON-KETO VERSION of my Homemade Blueberry Bread:
If you are not doing the Keto or Low Carb Diet and want to make the original version, here you go!
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
1 TBSP Vanilla
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
2 TSP Baking Powder
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray Loaf Pan with Pam Spray and set aside
Cream the butter and sugar with hand mixer until fluffy
Add in the Vanilla, Eggs & Milk
Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined
Gently mix in the blueberries into batter without breaking the berries
Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean
Place on cooling rack and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving