Have you dug up all of your fall decor yet? If not, what are you waiting for? The nip is in the air and the mums are starting to bloom, so now is the time to start celebrating the autumn season. But what if you don’t have big bucks to spend on fall decor? No worries. You know we will teach you here how to work your way right around that. Instead of fretting, make your way over to your local Dollar Tree where you will find everything you need to make your own DIY No Sew Placemat Pillow. This is a fun and frugal fall project that doesn’t require you to haul out the sewing machine or a needle and thread. In fact, you can whip one up in just minutes. Don’t believe me? Take a peek below at how you can make your very own this weekend.
DIY No Sew Placemat Pillow:
- Hot glue sticks and glue gun
- Cloth placemat
- Cotton stuffing or batting
That’s it! Three supplies is all you need for this fun fall treat. Ok, now let’s get to work!
- First, fold your placemat in half so both halves are even.
- You can then use your hand to smooth it out flat or even an iron works great if you wish.
- Once your glue is nice and hot, open up the pillow and run a line of glue along one side as well as the bottom of the square you have created.
- You don’t want to run any along the second side since you will place stuffing in there, and you don’t need to run any along the top since that sold is already closed from the fold.
- Press the two pieces of fabric together (top half and bottom half) to they stick and stick well. You can even place a heavy book on them to make sure they seal well.
- Now, take your cotton or batting and give it a good fluff. Place as much as you can in the center of the pillow.
- Make a final line of glue along the open end. Press it closed and apply pressure to be sure it is sealed.
There you have it! You now have the perfect little throw pillow to toss on a bed, couch, arm chair, or anywhere else you please. For this price, you can afford to make several. Give this simple new sew project a try and see how easy it is to create your very own frugal fall throw pillow. And as always, we want to see what you come up with. Head over to the Facebook page as well as the Community page to share pics of what you have crafted! Don’t be shy, I am sure you will create something fabulous. Happy crafting!