Do you love having fresh plants in your home? A miniature succulents garden is the perfect way to bring spring indoors, even if you don’t have the greenest of thumbs. Planting a miniature succulents garden is simple, and once you plant one it will pretty much maintain itself with minimal care from you. Take a peek below at how to get busy crafting your own.
You can find succulents at your local gardening center or even Walmart store for around $1 each. There are many varieties so choose ones that appeal to you as far as shape and color. When looking for a container, look for something around your home such as a small bowl, pot, or mini watering can like we did.
1. Begin by creating a layer of pebbles on the bottom of the container. This will help with drainage and is a step you don’t want to skip.
2. Add a layer of soil over the pebbles. The layer should be 3-4 times the thickness of the pebbles.
3. You can now add your plant. be gentle with the roots and place it in the soil. Cover around the roots with more soil and pack it in gently.
4. Add additional plants to create a small garden of succulents. We used three different varieties in our garden.
5. Mist the plant with some water and place it in a sunny window where you get a good 6 hours of sunlight per day. Mist every few days to keep the soil moist.
See what a cinch planting your own succulents garden can be? Give this easy DIY project a try and bring a little spring into your space. It is simple, inexpensive, and so fun. Don’t forget, when done share your creations with us on the Facebook page and Community Chat page.
Happy Friday friends, and happy crafting!