It is time to start thinking about spring and how with Easter approaching, the sight of pastel eggs will be everywhere. Make your own colorful eggs perfect for displaying in a basket or centerpiece when you give this yarn eggs kid’s craft a try. Made from just a few simple supplies, these yarn eggs are the perfect craft for little hands. They only take minutes to make, and in no time you will have a fun little Easter accent. Take a peek at how to make your own. Your kiddos will love these!
Yarn Eggs Kid’s Craft
Plastic Easter eggs
We found all of these supplies in our own crafting scraps but if you need any of them, your local dollar store should have them. It doesn’t matter what color the plastic eggs are as they will be covered, but find yarn that is a hue you enjoy. We used some rainbow yarn for lots and lots of color.
1. Begin by pouring some craft glue in a bowl.
2. Cut a long length of yarn and dip it in the bowl. Cover it with glue.
3. Take your fingers and squeeze off any additional glue.
4. Begin wrapping the yarn around your plastic egg. The glue will help it stick and adhere nicely.
5. Set the egg in a sunny window to dry and harden.
When your egg is dry, it will be nice and hard. These eggs are quite sturdy and durable and are sure to survive little hands. Display them in an Easter basket or on a mantel for some instant Easter charm.
Kids will love getting their hands all sticky with this simple Easter craft. Gather your supplies and give it a try. When you are done, come see us on the Facebook page or Community Chat page and share your creativity. We love to see it!