Kids love cooking and creating during the holidays just as much as adults do. If you are looking for the perfect kids treat that they can make themselves, look no further than these chocolate dipped gumdrops. Easy to make, these tiny bites of sugary goodness are sure to become a new holiday favorite. Take a look below at how simple it is to make your own!
Chocolate Dipped Gumdrops
- Assorted gumdrops
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Assorted candy sprinkles
1. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl. Heat on low for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
2. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate well so it is nice and smooth.
3. Place a gumdrop on the end of a toothpick. Dip the bottom half of the toothpick into the chocolate mixture.
4. While the chocolate is still wet, quickly dip the gumdrop in candy sprinkles. They will stick and decorate the bottom quite nicely!
5. Set the gumdrop on wax paper or a cool plate to set.
After about 30 minutes, your gumdrops should be ready to eat! The chocolate will have hardened and you will have the perfect bite sized sweet treats. How simple was that?
Gather your own supplies and give this easy chocolate dipped gumdrops recipe a try! It is sure to become a new holiday tradition in your house.