This is such a fast and easy dinner to make but one of my favorites! I am doing the Keto Diet so I prefer to use a Low Carb Tortilla, however, my husband uses a regular flour tortillas, it is your choice! You can also add chicken, beef, pork or whatever else you might want in yours! Don’t scrimp on the cheese, that is the best part!
- • Butter (I use Kerrygold Grassfed Butter)
- • garlic salt
- • black pepper
- • fajita spice mix
- • 4 Low Carb tortillas (I use Mission Brand 3 net carbs)
- • ¼ sliced yellow onion
- • 1 cup sliced green / red peppers
- • 12 oz frozen or fresh shrimp (tail off, cleaned and deveined)
- • fresh cilantro
- • 1 cup mexican cheese
- Slice peppers, onion and chop cilantro.
- Turn skillet on medium heat, coat with butter and add sliced peppers, onions and chopped cilantro. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cook until tender, remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat hot skillet with more butter and add defrosted shrimp. Season with garlic salt, black pepper and a few pinches of the fajita spice mix. Cook shrimp until pink throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat hot skillet with butter again and place flour tortilla in. Sprinkle cheese on half of the tortilla, add cooked shrimp and cooked sliced vegetables. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top and fold tortilla in half. Let quesadilla cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted throughout. Flip and do the same. Continue with remaining tortillas, shrimp and vegetables.
- Cut quesadillas into four pieces. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with salsa, sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!