THIS IS VERY SERIOUS! I HAD SOME IN MY FRIDGE!
There has been a HUGE EGG RECALL ISSUED, more than 200 MILLION EGGS are recalled for fear of Salmonella!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- According to the Food and Drug Administration, 22 illnesses have been reported so far on the U.S. EAST COAST
- The eggs were sold in FLORIDA, COLORADO, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NORTH CAROLINA, PENNSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA and SOUTH CAROLINA
- The eggs were sold under the GREAT VALUE BRAND including Walmart & Food Lion Stores as well as the Brand Names; Country Daybreak, Crystal Farms, Coburn Farms, Sunshine Farms and Glenview.
- Salmonella can cause serious and even deadly infections in children or elderly adults. Symptoms include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Consumers who have purchased shells eggs are urged to immediately discontinue use of the recalled eggs and to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
The FDA has issued information on which lots and cartons were affected on their website. You can CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL LIST. I had a dozen eggs in my refrigerator that were included in the recall so MAKE SURE You check yours too!!
Thank you Mary Lou for the heads up!!