If you love making your own festive and frugal holiday gifts, you will want to pay attention! If you are looking for a simple to make and easy to enjoy gift to give this holiday, this peppermint bath salt ornament is the perfect solution. Using just a few simple to find ingredients, you can make your very own. Perfect for hanging on the tree and then enjoying after a long day of shopping, these peppermint bath salt ornaments are great to give or keep! Take a peek below at how to make your own.
DIY Peppermint Bath Salt Ornament
1 cup of basic epsom salts
2 drops of peppermint essential oil
2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
1 drop of red food coloring
Ribbon for hanging
You can find essential oils needed for this recipe at most health food and discount stores. While they can run a few dollars per bottle, a little goes a long way. If you buy a bottle, you can surely make a dozen if not more ornaments out of it or save the rest for crafting later. As far as the clear ornament, you can find these in glass as well as plastic at your local craft store for around $1 each or in bulk packages for less.
1. Begin by stirring the salt and oils in a small bowl until mixed well.
2. Separate the mixture into two bowls evenly.
3. In one bowl only, add a drop or two of red food coloring. Toss the mixture so that the salts get evenly covered.
4. Funnel some of the white mixture into the ornament. Follow up with a layer of the red. Repeat these steps so that you have a colorful layering look happening in your ornament.
5. To finish, tie a ribbon on your ornament for hanging.
When you or your gift recipient is ready to use their bath salts, all they need to do is pour the contents into a warm bath. They will dissolve and release a relaxing scent as well as soothe sore muscles. You just can’t beat that, can you?
So why not join in on this crafty fun? Gather the supplies needed to make your own peppermint bath salt ornament and see what a hit they are with your friends and family. When you are done, be sure to snap a picture and share your creation with us on our Facebook page or our Community chat page. We love seeing what our reader’s are coming up with!